So, it's that time of year again - Ramadan. Inshallah it will be a successful one for us all! I thought I would share some of my plans of what I will be doing - or trying to do (Inshallah) this year. (They are in no particular order just as they came into my head!)
- *Prepare food ahead of time so that I am not scrambling at the last minute
- *Invite people to share in breaking the fast
- *Read the whole Quran
- *Listen to the whole Quran in arabic (downloaded it into my ipod)
- *Try and memorize some more verses
- *Go to Taraweeh prayers (at least once)
- *Try and 'feel' more spiritual - not focus on the 'not eating' parts of it
- *Give more charity and 'help' out those in need
are all basic things that should be done. Inshallah, I will be able to do it and keep up for the whole month!
To be quite honnest I am 'dreading' it a bit - horrible to say that I know but it is honnest. I do tend to get
quite dizzy and I suffer from coffee withdrawl (stupid but it does affect me - but since I have been drinking
decaf it may not hit me as much). I also started a 'diet' (meaning more exercise and watching what I eat) that
I cannot really continue during this time, only because it involves exercise and I have not quite figured out
how you can exercise during fasting? As well nobody at work knows I fast (don't ask long story - nobody knows my religion) so that is always a challenge - the days feel so long. As well on the weekends it becomes a bit of a challenge as hubby and I usually go out and walk and drink coffee/tea, it has become such a habit and when we are fasting all we feel like is sitting and watching people. All I can do is pray that our fasts are accepted and we will have the strength to accomplish our goals!