Pages

8/28/08

Why am I inquisitive Muslimah?


Assalam alaikum & peace to all.

I was sitting here wondering what to write for my next blog and got to thinking
why did I name this blog "Inquisitive Muslimah"
Well I am a woman so that covers the second word but what about the first one?
Anyone who knows me, knows that I tend to ask a lot of questions and I tend to
push the limits and try to completely understand a topic or discussion.
So I thought what better way to describe myself!

The Quran states : 96 1-5
Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
Createth man from a clot
Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,
Who teacheth by the pen,
Teacheth man that which he knew not.

I like this verses because it talks about teaching and learning.
I like that in Islam it is encouraged to ask questions and always reaffirm your faith!
Coming from a Christian/Catholic background we were always told to just
believe and do not EVER question your faith because if you do then
you are lacking faith and you are on the road to disbelief.
Hmm... wonder if they are scared that the truth will come out
if you start to question things? I can say that yes, once I started questioning,
I started doubting my faith! (So I suppose they are right wink-wink)
I must say that in Islam up until now every time I have questioned
something I have gotten a good answer for it.
Ok, admitedly it has not always been the answer I wanted to hear but
mashallah it has never left me thinking or doubting Islam!
I think that alone in my mind confirms that it is a 'true' religion!

So I keep on learning and questioning, I keep on being an Inquisitive Muslimah!

3 comments:

Adventurous Ammena said...

masha'allah :) yeh you are right.. I questioned too lol :D alhamdulillah that I did too. You always amaze me sis the faith that you have, you are an inspiration to many masha'allah

HotConflict said...

Who told you not to question?

Even the prophet Musa asked questions.

Ibrahim asked Allah to prove he could put the bird back together. Not because he did not believe, just because he wanted to see it happen!
The problem with the idea of questioning is not the questioning, but the willingness to accept the answers.

Allah will ask you why...so you should always questions and search for answers.

Check out this website talking about Islam and Pop-Culture.
http://www.hotconflict.com

Aalya said...

Thanks for the comment, I quite like what you wrote: "The problem with the idea of questioning is not the questioning, but the willingness to accept the answers."

I guess it is the answer that we are more afraid of then the question!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin